3 Day Mount Elgon Mini - Hike & Source of the Nile River - Jinja Safari in Uganda
Mount Elgon is not only for those wanting to spend 5 or 6 days climbing but there is much more to do and
see for those who want to simply get away from Kampala and immense themselves in nature, get lost in the peaceful foot hills of Mount Elgon and listen to the tranquil sounds of the Sipi Falls. Beautiful Falls give you the best scenic wonders, adventure, mini-hikes, biking, abseiling. climbing nature walks birding caving waterfalls, hot springs ancient rock paintings and lots more giving you that amazing experience of the Pearl of Africa Uganda.
Our driver/guide picks you up from your hotel/residence, - and you drive eastward along the Jinja road. On the way, we pass throughMabira forest, cross the Nile river - Lake Victoria, tea and sugar plantations around Lugazi and Kakira. After Iganga, take the Tirinyi highway to reach Mbale town in just an hour from Iganga. Check into your favourite lodging then lunch.
Lacam Lodge or Sipi Falls Resort have amazing views of the Sipi Falls.There is a number of backpackers / campsites in the area offering a range of budget accommodations for the next two nights. After Lunch we begin to explore the nearby main Sipi Falls which is a set of 3 falls, there are caves behind the main falls.
- Be on the look for lots of birds to discover as you climb all the way to the top of the falls. The views are breathtaking, the hike takes about 2½ hours and make for a great afternoon.
- Keep an eye open for Tacazze, Sunbirds , Turacos and Hornbill birds as many are in the area.
- Return to Lodging for dinner and a wonderful view of the scenery around you.
- Enjoy the sunset and also get a good night's rest.
- Dinner and a well deserved rest at your accommodation
Day 2 :
- After breakfast with packed lunch and snacks, this day is dedicated to one day hike where the park guide(s)/Porter(s) are ready to take you up to the mountain using any of the three main trekking trails.
- Budadiri Forest exploration centre - Kapkwai and Kapwata are all places you start to choose to ascend the spectacular mountain, in the evening coffee walk for 20 minutes after retire for Dinner and night rest at the lodge.
Begin the day with breakfast ready to drive back to Kampala. This is the time you will explore Jinja town and its major attractions like the source of River Nile, Bujagali falls, Itanda falls, Jinja Sailing club, we go for boatride. Return to Kampala where you will be dropped to the point of picking.
End of the safari, for inquiry about this safaris please give us a call, or send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org